Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful For: Growing Up

Growing up is actually not so fun, but it HAS to happen so I might as well make the best of it.  Well, here is the car update...It will cost $3,000 to fix my lovely Chevy Prism.  And, let's be honest, my car is not even worth near that much.  Time to find a new car.  I have been looking at used cars around the area, and have been doing a TON of research.  I have already gone into about 8 dealerships within the past 3 days.  I think I have my model choices narrowed down (though I want to keep it a surprise for when I actually do get my "new" used or new car).  Honestly, I can't wait to just have something to get me from Point A to Point B.

I can't lie...It has been kind of fun learning about the car buying process.  I have learned that salespeople are pretty funny.  Today a lady told me about used cars they had going for $18,000.  When I told her the other car dealership would sell me a brand new one of that car for $16,000, she said, "Oh!  We totally have that same deal going on right now!"  Really? ... Really?

I've also learned that rebuilt or branded titled cars mean to "watch out" because it's been in an accident.  So, if you see a car out there with a price tag that's too good to be true, well, that is probably why.

I've also learned that a customer will want a Carfax for every car he or she is thinking about purchasing, because that will tell the buyer how many previous owners the car had, when it last passed emissions, etc.

I am very thankful for this growing up and learning opportunity.  It's been fun, but I can't wait to just have a car and be done with it.  I want to escape for Thanksgiving.

Oh...And this is totally NOT the car I am getting.  But, wouldn't that be nice??
OH AND HERE IS A FUN STORY!  Today I was test driving a car, and I GOT PULLED OVER!  Seriously?!  And why?  Because the salesman forgot to put a license plate on the car.  And the officer said that IIIIII would be the one to get the ticket because I'm the one driving.  Luckily I didn't get a ticket.  Very thankful for that.  But, such is my life.

Love,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment