Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful For: Veterans

Happy Veteran's Day!  I am so incredibly thankful for the men and women who have served and do serve our beautiful country.  It is not often enough that I think about this wonderful and beautiful place I call home.  Growing up in America has provided me with more opportunities than imaginable by others that live elsewhere.  I am very blessed to call the land of the free and the home of the brave MY home.  And I must give thanks to the brave individuals that made my life possible.
Today at work, we had an assembly.  It was really interesting.  Although I was trying to control rowdy high schoolers most the time, I did catch a bit of the highlighted guests.  One of the guests faught in a war (I didn't catch which one), but he is 90-something years old now.  It was really cool to see him and hear his story.  He and his troop were being shot at by snipers, and hid behind a dead cow.  Being the resourceful man he is, he climbed inside the bovine's stomach and waited for nightfall to come out.  It's just incredible to me.
Thank you.

Love,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment