Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful For: Seasons

I've decided that I complain about the weather a lot.  In the Summer, "It is WAY too hot!!"  In the Winter, "Why do I live in an arctic tundra!?"  But, I've realized that when I really think about it, I am so fortunate to have live and have lived in an area that gets all four seasons.

Spring: Yes, the allergies are no bueno, but seeing everything come to life and turn green again is one of the happiest times of the year.

Summer: Hot and muggy (in Jersey), but how lucky I was to have grown up living less than an hour away from the ocean.  Some of my fondest memories are of going to the Jersey shore with my family and friends.  I would not have had these Summer-time experiences if I grew up in Antarctica.
Autumn: The leaves.  Need I say more?  And, I love the brisk, cool, not-yet-freezing, refreshing breeze.  It's always fun to wear track jackets in the evening.

Winter: Okay, I do not fare well in the cold, but I do have to say: Snowfall is beautiful.  And, I loved playing in the snow as a kid.  I will always and forever remember the blizzard of 1994 in New Jersey.  And now living in Utah, I really enjoy snowshoeing and snowboarding with friends and family.
I will try not to complain too much.  But just know, deep down, I really do appreciate all seasons.

Love,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog sean! never thought i would miss having all 4 seasons but the weather in san diego IS getting a teensy bit boring... haha. i'll probably rethink that when i'm in idaho for christmas.

    ReplyDelete