Thursday, December 2, 2010

Justin Bieber - Pray

I really respect and admire when popstars sing songs that are actually meaningful.  Justin Bieber has a new song off his latest CD release, "My Worlds Acoustic."  The song is called, "Pray" and it is very emotionally driven and inspirational.

Some lyrics:

It's in the papers, it's on the TV,
it's everywhere that i go.
Children are crying, soldiers are dying,
some people don't have a home.

But i know there's sunshine behind that rain,
I know there's good times behind that pain (hey)
Can you tell me how i can make a change?

I close my eyes, and i can see a better day,
I close my eyes and pray.
I close my eyes and i can see a better day,
I close my eyes and pray. 
For a pop song, it really puts things into perspective.  I'm really glad Justin did a song like this.  He has a huge limelight on him right now, and for his demographic (teenagers), I believe it's a great idea to send this hopeful message.  I also really think it's incredible that Justin not only put this song as a tract on his CD, but he made it a single.  I hope it catches a lot of radio attention soon.

Take a listen to "Pray" below:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9tJW9MDs2M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9tJW9MDs2M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Love,
Sean

PS: My cousins and I met Justin Bieber's cardboard cutout this past weekend!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. i totally thought i was reading a post on my sister's blog when i saw this in reader; she was seriously JUST telling me how much she loves this song.
    i agree. i especially love that he is giving a positive message to his demographic since most often they don't see religion being popular.

    ReplyDelete