Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Halloween Weekend (Thus Far)


I had hoped my last post would hold you over for a bit, because I knew last week would be so incredibly busy.  Next week is yet another busy week for me, but hopefully I'll be able to update more regularly.

Last night started my Halloween weekend.  I dressed up for work.  I wore a purple shirt with a big silver quesetion mark (?) on it made out of duct tape.  I was pretty proud of my creation.  One of my students gave me the idea.  See if you can figure it out.
If you need help: Some of my students call me Mister E.  If you say it out loud it sounds like, "Mystery."  So I wore a question mark.  How appropriate.  It was fun trying to see my students figure it out.

My best friend slash co-worker Justine was Miss "Bee" because her last name begins with a "B."  We are just so clever like that.

After work, Justine and I worked the high school football game, then I went ice skating in my costume with some friends (Jane, Mark, Emerson, Lisa, and Devan.  It was so fun just to skate around with friends and feel the crispy air.
Then, I met up with Crystal, Lindsey, and Adam to head over to a little Halloween Dance Party.  FunFunFun.
Now, I am leaving for a dance company performance.  It's called "Thriller."  Apparently it's supposed to be really good.  All of my friends have heard and know about it, but I haven't.  Maybe I'm just out-of-the-loop.  I'm sure it will be great.

And here's a nice little moment I had today.  I went grocery shopping with my friend Erin, and there was a beggar outside.  Erin handed me a couple of bucks and told me to give it to him.  He was so happy and thankful.  It's starting to be that season where we think about giving back (although we really should be charitable at all times), but it just really made me happy that I have such great friends.

Love,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment