Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Look To You

I just watched this past week's new episode of Glee.  I am fairly certain that everyone knows or has at least heard of Glee.  It's a fantastic musical comedy TV show on FOX.  Um...Think High School Musical television series.

In any case, religion was the main theme of the most recent episode.  I got pretty emotional while watching Amber Riley's character, Mercedes, sing Whitney Houston's "I Look To You."  Mercedes sang this song to Chris Colfer's character Kurt, because his Dad was in the hospital.  Later in the episode, she told the non-religious Kurt that he doesn't have to believe in God, but he should believe in something you can not see, touch, hear, or smell, because life is too hard to go through not to believe in in anything.  I thought this was a great message.  And, that is one of the most beautiful things about our country; we have the freedom to believe in whatever religion we want...if we want to believe in a religion at all.

Another component of this past week's Glee was that as members of society, we should respect others' beliefs, and not force anything unwanted upon others.

Love,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment