Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Remarkable Student

So...Let me start off my saying, "What's up with Blogger?!"  I posted about my mission call this past Wednesday, May 11th, and I had 17 extremely nice and meaningful and inspiring comments from you all...And somehow they are all gone. :(  I looked at them probably every hour and re-read them.  I thank you all for your support and kind words.

Now...onto my post for tonight.

Last night, I chaperoned Prom for the high school I teach at.  I had such a great time, and it was so awesome to see such a clean and modest dance.  The students at my place of work are exceptional.  Last evening after dinner, a suit coat was left on a chair.  A lady cleaning up to change the dinner set up to dance set up said to herself, "This isn't good.  Someone left their jacket."  I said, "Oh, I can take that, put it up in the coat rack and try to find who it belongs to."  I decided to look through the pockets to see if there was any identifiable information.  What happened next was incredible.  I pulled out of the inner pocket, a temple recommend.  The name on that temple recommend was the name of one of my students with Autism.  How awesome is that!?  The demonstration of this young man's Church standards are inspiring.  I am so proud to have such faithful students.  I have learned SO much from them.

Love,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. I would like to reprise my comment then
    A) this story is adorable
    B)I'm excited to write you letters on the mission.

    britt

    ReplyDelete