Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our Youth

Yesterday morning at the Provo, Utah Temple, before work/school started, I saw at least two high school students from the school I teach at.  Monday mornings are "late start" days, and school isn't in session until after 8:00am.  When I was a youth, I would have totally taken this time to sleep in, and NOT wake up.  However, there were students that woke up early in the morning, not to finish last minute homework assignments, but to serve by going to the Temple.  This made me so happy to see how strong the youth of our Church is.  We are so lucky and fortunate to have such brilliant youth.

Elaine S. Dalton, Second Counselor in the Young Women General Presidency, said in the October 2004 session of General Conference, "Temple work is the work that we have been prepared to do.  It is a work for every generation, including and especially the youth."  I am so glad that the youth have listened.

Oh, there were sparks flying out of one of my outlets at school today.  Literally...SPARKS...FLYING.  Shooting.  Flowing.  Flaming.  Sparks.  It was like the 4th of July.

Love,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment