Saturday, April 2, 2011

Two Apostles In One Day

I hope everyone is having a wonderful General Conference weekend.  I am spending this weekend in Salt Lake City, and am fortunate enough to be spending the weekend with my Dad.

This morning we went to the morning session of General Conference.  For those of you who don't know what General Conference is: General Conference is a meeting that occurs semi-annually (October and April) so that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints may receive instruction and revelation on how to conduct their lives.  The President of the Church (Thomas S. Monson) always speaks, and each member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles gets to speak as well.  The apostles are similar to the apostles we study in the Bible like Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  Just like the days of old, we need apostles today.

...Back to today...As my Dad and I were sitting in the Conference Center, we saw 6 rows ahead of us, Elder L. Tom Perry, an apostle.  I approached him, shook his hand, and told him how nice it was to meet him.  He then thanked me for being there.  Meeting Elder Perry was very special to me because of reasons that only my parents and I know.  But, it was a very spiritual and special experience for me that I will cherish forever.

I also had the opportunity to met and shake hands with another one of the twelve apostles, Elder D. Todd Christofferson.  He is from New Jersey (See...Great things do come out of New Jersey...Every now and then).  I met him 5 minutes before General Conference was to start, so he joked, saying, "I guess it's time to go to church."

I am so thankful to have met these wonderful men.  Even though I don't know them personally.  I know that they receive revelation from the Lord.  This was a great testimony builder for me.

Picture from where we sat this morning. :)
Love,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. so you have snooki and d. todd. and you.

    good company, sean, good company.

    britt

    ReplyDelete