Monday, January 31, 2011

My Students Are An Example To Me

So, this happened a while ago, but I just wanted to share.  I feel like the morals and standards our youth and teens today are fading.  Therefore, it makes me very happy when I see such good works.  One of my students was talking to another student in the school.  He told me that he was excited that she likes the same music as him, but "she [wasn't] Mormon."  My student told me that he had a Book of Mormon and a passalong card in his backpack that he wanted to give to her.  He asked for my advice on what to do.  I WANTED to say "(student), that is a GREAT idea!"  But, because I can't speak of such topics while working, I said plainly, "I'm sorry, but I can't give you any advise on relgious aspects, it's all your decision."  Well, the student (without my help, clearly) decided to offer the Book of Mormon and passalong card to the young lady.  What awesome courage and strength that would take.  I so admire and look up to this great example.  My students continue to teach me every day.  I am glad to be surrounded by such pure, innocent spirits.  We need more youth like this particular student.
Love,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment