Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gathering My Thoughts

Okay, I just finished reading in The Book of Mormon, Ether Chapter 7.  Please excuse me while I think, no, type-out-loud.

Orihah is king.  Then, his son Kib became king.  Kib had a son, Corihor, who rebelled and gained followers.  Corihor captured the king (his father, Kib).  Kib had another son, Shule.  Shule was not happy with his brother Corihor, so Shule and Corihor battled.  Shule won, released his father Kib, and Kib was king again.  Kib gave the kingdom to his son Shule.  Corihor's became good.  Corihor's son, Noah, rebelled against Shule.  Noah and Shule battled.  Noah gained some land.  The sons of Shule killed Noah.  Noah's son, Cohor, NOT Corihor, ruled part of the land, and Shule ruled the other part.  Shule killed Cohor in battle.  Cohor's son, Nimrod, gave Shule the part of the land that Noah and Cohor ruled. 

...Sounds like quite the family fued.

I really liked Ether 7:13.  It reads, "And Corihor repented of the many evils which he had done; wherefore Shule gave him power in his kingdom."

I really liked this verse because even though Corihor had rebelled and betrayed his family, his brother still found it in his heart to forgive him and even give him "power" in the kingdom.  And, I really like this verse even more because it's written like, "Oh yeah, Corihor repented, and Shule forgave him easily and it was no big deal."  I think that's how we need to be about forgiveness sometimes.  People make mistakes, big ones, and if we are easy to forgive, I believe we are becoming more like our Savior.

Just something to think about.

Love,
Sean

1 comment: