Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Really Incredible Mission Farewell

I was in my home ward today in Princeton, New Jersey, and it was one of my very best friend's, Lisa's, mission farewell.  Lisa will be spending the next year and a half serving the wonderful peole of Brazil.  She spoke in Sacrament Meeting, and it was one of the best and most spiritual Sacrament Meetings I've ever been to.  The moment Lisa got up to speak, I could feel of her spirit and desire to serve a mission.  Lisa shared some personal experiences she had that brought her to where she is at now.  She spoke of how at the last Fast and Testimony Meeting, a lot of our recent converts got up to bear their testimonies and how those testimony's strengthened hers.  It's really amazing...We don't have many members in New Jersey, but the ones we do have are very strong. 

Lisa has always been a very positive and uplifting friend in my life.  She has always been there for me whenever I needed to talk to someoone, and we always have so much fun when we are hanging out.  She is determined and strong in the church.  She is like a big sister to Krista.  I'm thankful to know and be friends with someone who is such an inspiring example to me.  She will make a most excellent missionary, and the people of Brazil will feel of her Spirit and be brough to know of the Gospel through Lisa's testimony.

Here are some pictures of Lisa and I doing various things in various places (Las Vegas, Jersey Shore, ESPN GameDay, Hiking The 'Y', Ice Skating in NYC, etc.).
Love,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Sean, who is Lisa? Lisa Welch? She looks like a Welch but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete