Wednesday, September 19, 2012

L and L (Lobster and Logandale)


FAMILY!

Hey!

Transfers: Well, you already know the news, but for those of you on my e-mail list who don't know.  I will be staying in the Las Vegas Zone, Las Vegas Stake, serving in the Las Vegas 6th and 8th Wards.  I will be staying with Elder O.  Today I start my 11th transfer!  WOW!  Only like 6 left...CRAZY!

BAPTISM:
Ms baptism was incredible!  It was marvelous.  Her non-member parents came and her Mom cried the whole time.  She really felt the Spirit.  M's boyfriend, J, did an excellent job at baptizing her.  I shared a story about my experience teaching M and bore my testimony.  M got really emotional.  After the baptism, I asked M, "How do you feel?"  Her reply: "I feel light...like a feather.  I used to feel heavy, but now I feel so free."  WOW!  Her feelings are validated and made true because of the Gospel and Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I love how she very simply yet very powerfully described how she felt.  I had the wonderful opportunity to perform M's confirmation.  It was a great experience.  I love the ordinance of confirmation and I am so grateful I have had so many opportunities to confirm.

Food Report:
Monday: Pork
Tuesday: French Toast
Wednesday: Salmon
Thursday: Spaghetti
Friday: Cheeseburgers
Saturday: LOBSTER (Thanks to Sister Parker!)
Sunday: Gumbo

Weekly Summary:
-RAIN!!!  So much rain on Tuesday.  We were driving and went through a puddle (more like a lake) deeper than we thought and the water came up OVER our hood.  It was frightening!
-Went out with President Black on Tuesday evening.  It did not go very well.  We went to teach a new investigator who is married to a member and the member talked for 30 minutes about HER conversion story.  Whenever Elder O, President Black, or myself would try to say something, she would just talk right over us and keep going.  HELLO!  We don't care!  Just kidding.  We do care.  We just would have liked to have the opportunity to teach and testify...You know, that whole thing we were called to do.  It was good to be with him for the evening though.  He always has good and insightful things to say.
-I got to go to LOGANDALE!  Wow!  How fun!  Elder O got permission to go back to Logandale for the baptism of someone he taught.  I very sneakily ran up to Grandma and Grandpa's house and Aunt D's house and put letters on their doors!  No one saw me.  I'm like a ninja.  It was so great to go through that little town that I love so much.  The baptism was held in the room Grandpa teaches Sunday School class!  I didn't even know they had a font in that room.

Investigator Report:
Everyone is the same and good.  We were able to meet with M and solve some concerns and do damage control.  She didn't come to church on Sunday, hopefully next Sunday.  B, our investigator from Iraq, read from the beginning of the Book of Mormon to the middle of Jacob in 2 days!  WOW!  He says he knows it is true and loves the book.  So great!

Well, I love you all so very much.  Continue to write me and pray for me and think about me!  Tell the ward "Hello!"  K, tell Provo, "Hello!"

Love,
Elder Sean Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment