Friday, October 19, 2012

AND YOU GET A COMPUTER!


FAMILY!

Wow.  It has been yet another week.  Actually, this week was a very eye-opening week.

Investigators:
(This is why it was eye-opening) We realized that pretty much none of our investigators are actively doing anything to progress in the gospel.  They don't read unless we go over and read with them.  They don't come to church unless we wake them up by pounding on the door.  And they pray rarely if at all.  So...We are pretty much "dropping" almost all our teaching pool.  We only had 11 lessons this week, but that is because we are going to really start focusing on finding the elect.
B: She's doing great!  It is truly amazing how we receive revelation for those we teach.  During General Conference, I remember hearing someone speak that said, "Are you doing this for yourself or for the Lord?"  (Something along those lines).  Immediately, I thought of B, and how I LOVE teaching her and we have become great friends, BUT as a representative of Christ, I need to do what is best for her.  I thought that she needs to start attending or at least try out the singles ward.  After talking to my companion about it at length, we invited and suggested for her to try the singles ward.  She went on Sunday to Jeff's ward that he is serving in.  I am hoping she had a great time.  We will find out tomorrow when we meet with her with President B.

Food Report:
Monday: Tilapia
Tuesday: Chili
Wednesday: Beef sub with ajus
Thursday: Cheeseburgers
Friday: Roast Beef
Saturday: Sausage
Sunday: Roast Beef

This Week:
-I wrote home about this, but at P-Day Activity this last week I scored a TOUCHDOWN!!!  That's right!  Wooo!  And during my celebration, I threw the football on the ground and it bounced up and smacked me in the face.  Great...
-Zone Training Meeting went well.  I love my zone.  We are all really close.
-Interviews with President Black went well.
-It POURED this last week.  And, it started hailing!  Crazy.  We got pelted with ice from the sky.
-I finished reading "Jesus The Christ"!  Wow.  What an inspired book.  My testimony has grown immensly about the divine mission, message, and ministry of Christ.  You NEED to read this book.
-Did service for a member throwing away shingles.  They were heavy and I think I pulled a muscle in my back and it hurts a little every now and then.  Don't worry, I still worked out with the firemen this morning.  Now I'm dying.
-Did a finding activty called a "Treasure Exchange".  It is when people donate thing, and then we put them outside and give them away for free and talk to people about the gospel.  We gave away 10 computers and 5 TVs for free!  When we were carrying the computers out, we were all pretending to be Oprah and yelling, "AND YOU GET A COMPUTER!"  "AND YOU GET A COMPUTER!"  Haha!  And copy machines and lots of stuff.  It was very successful for the Spanish speaking missionaries.  Not so much for us.
-Went to D and A’s baptisms this weekend.  They requested we come.  They were both amazing.  A's was in Spanish.  It was fun to sing in Espanol!
-Taught the Priests in the Las Vegas Stake last night for a Fireside.  We had all the missionaries in the stake participate and we paired up with the Priests one on one and practiced teaching the Restoration and then taught it to one of the leaders who pretended to be an investigator.  It was so much fun and so great.  My "companion",  did really well and he is only 16.  I was impressed.

Spiritual Thought:
The service we gave to the member this last week took longer than expected.  I started thinking, "Ugh!  We need to do weekly planning, and mormon.org time, and [this] and [that],..."  Well, immediately, like flipping a light switch on in a room, revelation came immediately and reminded me of President Uchtdorf's General Conference talk.  I remembered the part about how life is a journey, not a race.  We need to enjoy the moments we are in.  I put away those negative thoughts and just focused on having fun.  I sang to myself, enjoyed the weather, etc.  It was great!  I need to do this more with my life.  Too often I feel like there is some destination I need to reach and I just need to hurry, hurry, hurry.  I need to slow down and enjoy my life.

I love you all!  Thank you for all your love and support and prayers and everything!  Uncle A!  Feel better soon!  I love you very much!

Love,
Elder Sean Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment