Saturday, June 2, 2012

May 28, 2012


FAMILY!!!

What an eventful week!

President B and Sister B came to an investigator discussion with Elder H. and me.  He doesn't go out with missionaries all that often, so when he told me he wanted to go to a discussion with me, I was excited.  The investigator we taught was our 8th grader, Mathew.  At the lesson was President and Sister B, Mathew, Sister P, Ernie Jr., Jayden, Mark, Davis, Sister W, Elder H, and me.  We taught the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity.  The lesson went extremely well (I think).  It was so great to have President and Sister B there.  Afterwards, President and Sister B offered us a ride home, but the member's home that we were at was also our dinner appointment, so we stayed and didn't really get to talk to President about how he thought the lesson went.  Sister B did come up to me after the lesson and said, "I LOVED IT!"  So, that's a good sign.  The spirit was there and that is all that matters.

Food Report:
Monday: Cheeseburgers
Tuesday: Pasta
Wednesday: Pizza
Thursday: Chicken Fajitas
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Spaghetti
Sunday: Ziti
Monday: Cheeseburgers

Investigator Report:
Mathew: Great.
RJ: He will be baptized this Saturday!  YAY!  His mom was giving Kim (grandma and recent convert) a hard time about him being baptized.  Kim decided to fast (non-prompted) and pray for an answer on what to do about the situation.  She got a feeling to say to her daughter, RJ's Mom, "Ask your boyfriend what he thinks."  Her boyfriend is also a non-member.  She asked her boyfriend and he said, "Yeah!  I think that is a great idea for him to be baptized.  He needs to do it."  So AWESOME!  Kim definitely got her answer and we are excited for RJ's baptism.
...We need more investigators.

Yesterday for P-Day activity we went hiking up a train in Red Rock.  It was a lot of fun.  My camera dropped into the river in this whole water-forsaken desert, but such is my life.  It is completely dead, but I am surprised it has lasted this long.  I don't think any electronic anything has lasted this long in my hands.  2006-2012.

Went to a Memorial Day BBQ with a lot of the younger families in the T Ward yesterday.  That was a lot of fun.  We did relay races with the kids and they loved it.  All the adults said they loved our "crabwalk".

This last week I had a prompting to open up Preach My Gospel.  I didn't know what for, so I started flipping the pages.  I came to a page with a lot of member-missionary quotes on it by prophets.  I got the immediate idea to print off one of the quotes and attach it to a pass along card and hand them out to members in the wards to encourage missionary work.  So, we did just that.  We made over 500 pass along cards and handed them to the members as they walked into church on Sunday.  Here is the quote we used by President George Albert Smith: We will attain our exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom only on the condition that we share with our Father’s other children, the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."  I love that!  So...to all members: START SHARING, INVITING, TEACHING, AND TESTIFYING.  (The sooner the better).

Elder H is a great teacher.  We have 26 new missionaries coming into the mission this next transfer.  I am recommending him to be a trainer.

I'm so sad Jake and Lauren get off their missions so soon...It makes me sick to even think about it.  I'm so glad Charee is going to Portugal!  WOOO!!!!  She will be incredible.

Well, I love you all so very much!  Thank you for the support and prayers.  I need them.  Keep writing!

I LOVE YOU

Love,
Elder Sean Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment