Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cinco de Macayo's


FAMILY!!

Because I got to e-mail recently, this e-mail will cover Wednesday, May 2 to today!

Well, this has been a not-so-eventful couple of days.  We really need to find more people to teach.  That's the hard thing.  You find, teach, baptize...then you have to start the whole process over again.  I just want a steady teaching pool.

Well, I've gotten letters from Lauren, Jake, and Isaac recently and it sounds like they are all doing great.  I love them!  They are such great examples to me.  I am so sad Lauren and Jake will be leaving their missions soon.  It's just too fun for me to think of how we are all on missions right now...I don't want that to end.  I love them!

Investigator Report:
S: Same
G: Flakey
RJ: He has had all the discussions.  Now we are just waiting to set a good baptismal date for when his Mom can be there, too.
J and A: Her job discription just changed (she is a manager at the Wynn) and so she has even more work hours now.  We didn't get to meet with them this last week.
D and M: We had dinner with them on Saturday night.  Then, we had a discussions with the missionaries who will now be teaching them.  They are now going to be in Uncle Arthur's ward!  I was so sad to have to pass them on.  I love them.  They are so incredible.

Food Report:
Wednesday: Cheeseburgers
Thursday: Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Friday: Chicken Enchiladas
Saturday: Shredded Beef Enchilada, Chile Relleno (Macayos) OH, and Dad: Sister Terry told me to tell you we also had a TCT and you would know what that is. Dinner: Grilled Chicken and Peppers and Onions Fajitas
Sunday: Grilled Chicken

Funny Story:
1) So, I wrote this in a letter to Dad already, but the other day, Sister T said she would take us to lunch on Saturday.  She asked us where we want to go.  Elder C said, "I don't know...What is your favorite place?"  She said, "Oh, only people from Las Vegas would get it."  I said, "Is it Macayos?"  She said, "YES!!!"  Haha...I was happy to know I understood something "only" Las Vegas-ians would.  My Dad taught me well.  And we went on Cinco De Mayo which wasn't even planned so it was perfect.  Now we call it...CINCO DE MACAYO!!! hahahahahaha...I think I'm so funny.
2) So, remember how the Weldons dropped us?  Well...They just moved into the Town Center Ward boundaries.  Guess who they moved in next to...Yep...Sister Parker!!!  Haha...They don't stand a chance.

Spiritual Thought:
We let the other missionaries now taking over for D and M take over the discussion since they will be the ones now teaching them.  The lesson was on The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  They talked about Faith, Repetance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring To The End.  However, I was disappointed.  They left out some important details.  They neglected to discuss the following: how to help your faith to grow, how to recognize it growing, the proper steps of repentance, the blessings that come from repentance, the covenants made at baptism, the sacrament, what it means to endure to the end, etc.  I know they did their best.  I jumped in where needed and tried to help out.  Maybe I should have sit back and been more of an observer.  However, it is hard for me to watch investigators not get everything they need.  This was my conclusion: WE MUST GIVE LITTLE OR NO ATTENTION TO MATTERS THAT ARE NOT OF ETERNAL SIGNIFICANCE.  It is eternally significant that we understand the sacrament, how to endure to the end, how to help our faith to grow.  I know they tried their best and that was great.  What matters MOST is that the spirit is there.  The Holy Ghost is the true teacher.  Not me, not my companion, no one else.  And, the spirit was there. :)

Well...I love you all so very much!  Thank you for all you do!  I will tell you if any transfer calls come on Sunday...When I talk to you...On MOTHERS DAY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Love,
Elder Sean Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment