Thursday, May 3, 2012

I LOVE BAPTISMS


FAMILY!

I am starting this e-mail a LOT later than I usually do because I had a TON of e-mails to read today in my inbox from Elder Isaac, J, other mission friends, etc.  So...I will have to make this e-mail short because I still need to e-mail President B.

BAPTISM!
K and A's Baptism was INCREDIBLE.  The Spirit was so very strong.  K looked beautiful.  A looked great.  Watching K walk into the font as she cried was just one of those Celestial Moments.  We (with some other youth) sang an EFY song, "These Are The Days."

Investigator Update:
J and A: Taught Lesson 2.   They are so wonderful and attentive and have great questions.  We gave A an Italian and French Book of Mormon since those are her first languages.  We didn't get to meet with them this week yet.  Hopefully we will be able to find a time.  A works at the Wynn, so she is very busy and hard to get a hold of.
D and M: Taught Lesson 2.  I am SO excited for them.  They have TRULY been prepared by the Lord and it is so obvious in our discussions.  I shared a very special experience with them in our last discussion.  The spirit is working on them so strong.  I love them SOOOO much!  We are having dinner with them on Saturday and teaching Lesson 3.
RJ: Teaching him the last part of Lesson 4 tomorrow and going to find a baptismal date for him.  Hopefully we can do May!
Sl: Had dinner with him on Sunday and taught a lesson (Read 1 Nephi 8 about the Tree of Life).  We are really trying to push reading the Book of Mormon with him.
G: He cancelled on us every day last week.  We met with him yesterday.  Hopefully we can continue bringing him the Spirit and prepare him for baptism.

Food Report:
Monday (23rd): Pulled Pork Tacos
Tuesday (24th): Grilled Chicken Bow Tie Pasta
Wednesday: Pancakes
Thursday: Pork
Friday: Chicken and Stuffing
Saturday: Seared Ahi and Mahi-Mahi (YUM!)
Sunday: Chicken
Monday: Roast Beef
Tuesday: Waffles

I got a letters from Kim and Kelsie this week!  They are doing great.

We got to go to the Las Vegas Temple today.  That was amazing...As always!  I got up at 4AM to get ready and now I am exhausted.

I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! I can't wait to Skype and see you on Mother's Day!!!  This will probably be the only time on my mission where you can hear my transfer call before a Monday!  We will see what happens!

LOVE,
Elder Sean Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment