Wednesday, June 27, 2012

BIRTHDAY!!


FAMILY!!

Wow...I had a lot of e-mails to read this week.  Soooo...my e-mail may be a tad shorter than usual.

BAPTISM!
Mathew's baptism was on Saturday, June 23rd.  It was the best birthday gift!!  I don't even know where to start.  First, so many people came, we had to hold the meeting part of the service in the Chapel  His non-member family members came (all except his Mom).  It was a special experience for them as well.  His fellowshipper friend from the Willows Ward, Jonah, gave the talk on Baptism.  Ernie D. performed the baptism.  Elder H and I did a tag-team presentation on The Restoration to the congregation while Mathew was changing.  Then, we both tag-teamed a Talk on the Holy Ghost.  After that, we had about 30 youth/missionaries sing a musical number, "I Will" by Hillary Weeks.  It turned out amazing.  The Spirit was so strong.  Mathew closed the service by bearing his testimony.  It was excellent.  The Stake President and the High Stake Councilor over Missionary Work came to the baptism.  President P said he wishes Mathew's baptism could have been filmed by the Church on "The Perfect Baptismal Service."  He was so thrilled and excited.  The High Stake Councilor said that he was very impressed.  It was a HUGE success.  I am still SO excited from his baptism.  It was amazing.

TRANSFER TIME!
Today is transfers.  I am leaving the 2 wards.  I am so sad.  I love it here so much.  I love the members, the recent converts, investigators, everyone.  I think I cried all day yesterday.  This is the hardest transfer/separation for sure.  Members were crying.  The time that I have spent serving in this area.  The people's lives I have touched.  This area has made my mission a success.  I don't think I can be any happier than I am with my time I have spent here.  Mathew gave me a hug good-bye after Sacrament Meeting.  We were both emotional wrecks.  I am so blessed to have met him.  He has strengthened my testimony tremendously.  Here is my new adventure: I will be serving in the Las Vegas Stake with Elder F.  I will be a Zone Leader, and my Zone will cover Las Vegas Stake and Sandstone Stake.  Both of which my Dad lived in the mission boundaries of!  I am excited!

MY BIRTHDAY!
Thanks to everyone who sent me cards and gifts and everything!  I had an excellent birthday.  I went to Ryan R's baptism (Redrock YSA Ward) and Mathew's.  My cousin, Sarah, was at R's Baptism.  It was so fun to get to see family on my birthday!  A member from a previous area took me out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory and I got a huge Ahi Tuna Fillet.  Then, Brother S through a get-together birthday party for me at his home.  It was a lot of fun.  Excellent 24th Birthday!

Food Report:
Monday: Chicken Enchiladas
Tuesday: Noodles, Salmon, Chicken
Wednesday: Tri-Tip
Thursday: Hot Dogs (Picnic-In-The-Park)
Friday: Salmon
Saturday: Seared Ahi Tuna (Cheesecake Factory)
Sunday: Steak and Scallops

Weekly Summary:
Monday: Surprised Devin for his birthday.  Got frozen yogurt with Elder N...He flies back to New Jersey TOMORROW!
Tuesday: Had dinner with a member from Taiwan.  Her son is a non-member.  Josh is not interested and MeiLing can't express her feelings too clearly so we can to translate for them.  MeiLing played the Zither (Asian string instrument).  It was really cool.
Wednesday: Marinne and Madelyn  put a Scorpion lollipop and gummy bugs into my backpack.  How nice...
Thursday: Picnic-In-The-Park was fun!
Friday: Did a run-through with Mathew at the Church.
Saturday: Well..I pretty much told you everything.
Sunday: My last day in the Wards.  Mathew's confirmation was great.  I got to bear my testimony in one of the wards.

Small World:
1) Already told you about Sarah
2) The Js are in the Town Center Ward.  I bore my testimony and talked about Jace.  Sister J came up to me after church and said, "I am related to your cousin's companion."  I said, "Oh..McKay?"  She said, "No...Jace."  They are related to Uncle Larry.
3) The Ls in my ward also know Aunt Donna and Uncle Larry very well.

Well!  Wish my luck on my new adventure.  I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

SO SO MUCH!!!

Love,
Elder Sean Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment