Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8 2011


Mi Familia! :)
 
HAPPY P DAY!  It's so funny...We treat P Day like it's a weekly holiday.  It's great.
 
So, first I want to talk about the baptism this past Saturday.  I taught Amanda in the MTC, and had the great opportunity to go to her baptism.  When I first walked into the church building, Amanda recognized me immediately and came running up.  She said, "Oh my gosh, I didn't know you were coming!  I'm so glad you could come.  I've told everyone about you!"  Then, she ran over to the missionaries that taught her most of the lessons and said to them, "This is Elder Edwards, the one I was telling you about from the MTC!"  It was so great to see that even though I only got to teach her once, we had formed a great relationship already.  Right before the baptism started, Amanda came up to me and told me that she was feeling nervous.  I reassured her that she was making the best decision she could at this time in her life and the Lord is with her every step of the way.  When she walked back into the room, she was glowing with the Spirit.  It was amazing to see how happy she was.  It's incredible to think of the generations of her family's lives she will change because of her decision to follow Christ.
 
The ward that Amanda has been attending is one of the Young Single Adult wards in Las Vegas.  Well, it just so happens that Dad's cousin, Jeff Edwards, is a counselor in the bishopric of that ward, and he was presiding at Amanda's baptism.  I went up to Jeff after the service and we just embraced and cried.  We started talking about how I graduated and already started my teaching career before my mission.  I said that I kind of did things weird, backwards, and different (considering most LDS guys go on a mission at 19 years old).  Jeff said something along the lines of, "Hey.  It was never 'if' you were going to go on a mission, it was ALWAYS 'when' you were going to go."  It was really a special and incredible experience.
 
We got to go to the Las Vegas Temple on Wednesday.  Of course it is a temple that I just love SO much.  As always it was a spiritual and uplifting experience.  I wish we had the opportunity to  to the temple more often.
 
I think you asked me if I ever get to see my friend Jess' brother, Elder N.  I don't remember if I ever answered this question, but yes.  I see him all the time...At least once a week at District Meeting and sometimes more than that.  We took some pictures at the temple this past Wednesday that I will try to attach to this e-mail.  Or, send in another e-mail.
 
Que theme music *NaNaNaNa*!...Food Report!
Monday, Aug. 1: Pizza
Tues.: Lasagna
Wed.: Enchiladas
Thurs.: Pizza
Fri.: Pork Loin
Sat.: Spaghetti
Sun.: Tuscan Bow Tie Pasta
 
It's amazing how many Special Education teachers I've run into.  It makes me so happy whenever I can talk about those special children and how much I love them.  One of the bishop's wives was a Special Education teacher, the father of one of the girls getting baptized at the end of the month was a Special Ed teacher, and last night Elder T and I went to visit a family of an 11 year old daughter who isn't baptized who we would love to start teaching lessons to and her Mom is a Special Ed teacher.  I love it!
 
So you asked me to tell you about a typical day.  Wow.  It seems like NO day is typical.  I'll try my best to go through a typical day (one without P Day, or District/Zone Meeting, or Church, or etc.).
 
7:00 - 10:30 = Get Ready!  (Shower, exercise, breakfast, personal study, companion study)
10:30 - 12:00 = Teach Lesson / Tracting
12:00 - 1:00 = Lunch
1:00 - 5:30 = Teach Lessons / Tracting
5:30 - 6:30 = Dinner w/ Members
6:30 - 9:00/:30 = Teach Lessons / Tracting
9:00/:30 - 10:30 = Get Ready! (Plan for next day, shower, BED!)
 
This week will be a busy one.  We have Dawn getting baptized (a YSA we have been teaching that goes to Jeff's ward), Rick getting baptized, Calie getting baptized, and Kelsey getting baptized.  I love them all SOOOO MUCH!!  It has been so incredible watching how the gospel has improved their life.  I love them, I love them, I love them!
 
Well, I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!  I'm so happy that I get to be with my family for eternity!  I hope you feel the same way...You better feel the same way...Of course you feel the same way!
 
Make sure to keep the other family missionaries in your prayers, Elder Hong and Hermana Hong.  And, all the missionaries everywhere :)  Remember to search, ponder, and pray over the scriptures.
 
Tell the ward and extended family and friends that I love them and their letters!
 
LOVE,
Elder Sean Edwards

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts. You sound like you, only even happier and more positive, if that's possible! What a great experience to see your father's cousin and to get to attend Amanda's baptism. The Lord put you there to help calm her fears and I know you did a great job. You know I'm a convert too, I think...I joined when I was 16. I hope my posterity is blessed because of that decision (I know they are and will be) and I know hers will be, too. Keep up the good work, Elder E.!!! Love and miss you! Sister Bahr

    ReplyDelete