Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 12th, 2011

Title: I MADE IT TO MY FIRST P-DAY

Hey Family!
I LOVE YOU!!!
Well, it's been a crazy busy week here at the MTC.  On Wednesday, right after I said my good-byes, I heard someone yell, "ELDER EDWARDS!"  I turn around and it was two of my student's Mother!  She is Taylor (little boy with Down Syndrome that was at my Farewell) and Aaron (my peer tutor who would text and call me)'s Mom.  It was good to see a familiar face.

So, one of the living buildings here is under construction, and so we are staying in what I think is a Sister's Dorm.  The bathroom is nicer than I had expected, that's why I think it's a sister's dorm haha.  And, half the building is Elders and half are Sisters.  My friend, Sister Jade Bollinger, from my YSA ward lives RIGHT above me.  Too funny!  I also see one of the girl's I used to work with from CHA ALL the time here.  It's great to see familiar faces. :)

Okay, I'm done with my familiar faces stories!  WAIT...NO I'M NOT!  I just got finished with lunch, and I ran into Elder Gibson...The Elder that is going to Cambodia on his mission that I went through the temple with!  Small world at the MTC.  It was great to see him.  He has another 8 weeks left.

Well, my district is AWESOME!  I got called as District Leader my 2nd day here.  We all get along really well, and everyone is very supportive of me when I give District Lessons or when I give instruction.  It makes my life so much easier.  I am very fortunate.

Some Things:
1) You know all those Chuck Norris jokes?  One of the Elders said, "The boogyman checks his closet every night for Chuck Norris."  "Chuck Norris checks his closet every night for Elder Holland."  Hahaha.  He said that after we watched a clip of Elder Holland's General Conference talk about the Book of Mormon and how true is MUST be. :)
2) One of my teachers, Sister Philburn served a mission with Steve Marsh.
3) The 3 things Elder's talk about are: Gas, Girls, and the Gospel.  The Three G's...In that order, unfortunately.

My companion is Elder N.

Classes are AWESOME!  I love it so much!  I have memorized the scripture of The First Vision.  I don't know why I'm so excited about that...But I am!  We do a lot of role playing with teaching investigators.  I typically do not like role playing, but THIS I LOVE!  I can feel the Spirit so strong in some of the lessons we teach, and I just can't wait to have that feeling magnified even more when it's a REAL situation and real investigator!  One of our "investigators" is George.  We first taught him yesterday, and he got a blood clot last year and had to amputate his leg (This is all real).  He is also a Special Education Art teacher for Alpine School District and teaches students with autism!  HOW AWESOME!!!! :)

I got a slip requesting me to go to the Medical Health Center, and it didn't say why.  I was so scared for what it might be.  Well, I got there, and a doctor handed me a card and a huge tub of homemade cookies.  They were from one of my students! :)  Her bishop works as a doctor at the MTC, and so she gave it to him to give to me.  I wrote you a letter telling you more and who it was, so look for that in the mail.
I can't believe we are timed with how long we can e-mail.  It's almost time for me to change out the wash, so I will leave you with this last thought.  Just a thought...

I've been trying to think of questions that investigator's might ask.  One might be, "How do you know or how can you prove that we have a modern day prophet."  Well, that's tricky!  Faith?  Yes.  But, I was reading in the scriptures and came across the verse that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  If God gave the people prophets like Moses, Adam, Noah, etc. in ancient times...Then, He will do the SAME thing for us today.  This scripture is PROOF of that.  No question about it.

Dad: I am from nowhere and everywhere.  I am a child of the universe. I love you!
Mom: I love you!  I love you!  I love you! Thank you for sending me letters!
Elaine: RAWR! That means, I LOVE YOU in dinosaur!
Krista: Thank you for sending me notes about my setting apart.  I'm glad you are having so much fun!  I love you!
Grandma and Grandpa: I LOVE YOU!  Thanks for sending me a letter.  Keep them coming :)
Tell Sister Smith: Thank you for sending me an e-mail and that I love her SOOOOOO MUCH!!!
(Put this on blog). :)
LOVE,
ELDER EDWARDS!
Note: REMEMBER to write to Elder Edwards!  You can send one for free by going to www.dearelder.com .  His mailbox number is 261, his mission Nevada Las Vegas West, his departure date July 25th.  www.DearElder.com will only work while he is at the MTC.
Thanks everyone who has so far send him letters or, you know, dropped off huge barrels of cookies. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Elder Edwards!

    Not only do we know that student but we know that doctor as well!

    He's in good hands. (The best, in fact!)

    ReplyDelete