Saturday, June 18, 2011

Aaron Carter's Advice

Hey everyone!

Remember Aaron Carter?  He was such the teen sensation not-too-long-ago.  Well, he is still doing his thing and recording and making exceptional music.  He plans on releasing an album this year, so watch for that to drop!  (There's my plug.)

Well, my buddy Aaron was in town to perform a set for a benefit concert that my great friend Jess (who I met Aaron through) put on last night in Allentown, PA.  I picked up my friend Mel, Aaron, and his manager slash assistant from where they were staying and make the 2 hour journey to the venue.

We had many a discussion throughout the car ride, but I just wanted to share something we are all jaded to hear, but something that we all need to be reminded about.  I was talking about how it would be fun to live in Los Angeles, and I was talking about schools out there.  Aaron replied by saying that: Yeah, while LA can be fun, you need to really watch out with the crowd you end up in.  He said that if you get invovled in the wrong crowd, things can turn down-hill very quickly.

How true this is!  Moral of the story: Be aware and on the defense.  Friends are such a blessing of life, but choosing the right friends can be tricky.  Sometimes people can seem great, but they may not have your best interest in mind.  You know the people that will uplift and love you.  Stick with them.

Here's a picture of Mel, Aaron, and I backstage from the show last night!
Oh...And something funny.  Our family always keeps a copy of The Book of Mormon in our car.  Aaron found it, flipped through the pages, and said, "Who's Book of Mormon is this?"  Mel says..."U, the Mormon driving the car."  End.

Love,
Sean

PS: This is probably going to be the last post for the next couple of days.  Tomorrow is my last full day in Jersey, and I fly back West on MONDAY!  Mission is COMING UP!  We will be going through Las Vegas and Southern California next week.  I'll update when I can, so please keep checking back!

2 comments:

  1. Dude - I need to know where you'll be so I can send you a set of shades for you to take on all your cross country travels.

    ReplyDelete