Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 23, 2012


FAMILY! :)

I can't believe Isaac goes into the MTC in 2 days!!!  That is so exciting!! :)  I just wrote Lauren about it and every letter we write to each other we always mention how exciting it is that 4 of the family will be serving at the same time: Jake, Lauren, Isaac, Me.  So awesome!

Food Report:
(I won't have to talk about Monday in this e-mail since I talked about it in my e-mail last week because I e-mailed last Tuesday...So that is where we will be picking up from).
Tuesday: Chile Relleno
Wednesday: Chicken Fajitas
Thursday: Italian Spiced Chicken
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Pizza
Sunday: Meatloaf

Investigator Report:
...Well...7 of our lessons fell through this week.  We only taught 6 lessons.  It's been a rough/challenging week.  Good thing Elder P and I know how to have fun while we go about our day...It makes it so much more exciting.
RJ: 9 year old boy.  Taught Lessson 1.  Went great.  His family said they would all come to church...None of them showed up.  We are teaching him Lesson 2 tonight.
Cecy: Lesson fell through.  She said she would come to church.  She didn't.  Haven't met her yet.
Sherryl: Lesson fell through.  Haven't met her yet.
Raul: Lesson fell through.  Haven't met him yet.

Weekly Summary:
Tuesday: After e-mailing we went out with our ward mission leader to do dinner and visits to less-active members.  We visited a family and it went well.
Wednesday: A lot of tracting and making visits.
Thursday: A lot of tracting and visits.  We taught Lesson 3 to Erika (less active).  It went really well.  She is great.
Friday: A lot of tracting.  Taught RJ and his family Lesson 1.  It went really well and the Spirit could be felt by all.  The Mom was so excited to be learning.  She said that even though she learned this all growing up, she was actually able to "soak it in" this time.
Saturday: Guess!!!  Yep...Tracting and visits.  None of our visits to Part-Member Families have been interested in having us come back. Until...
Sunday: Our last Part-Member Family visit for the night was very welcoming.  They have an unbaptized 9 year old daughter, and we set a time to go back and start teaching her on Wednesday.  Hopefully that will go well!  Church was good...The bishop called me up and asked me to bear my testimony.  It was a good experience.  President and Sister Black came into the building.  It was good to say "Hi" to them and see them.

I feel like this e-mail sounds really depressing.  It was still a good-ish week.  Hopefully we will see more progress in the area this week.  Another depressing story: My bike light popped off when I hit a bump turning on Tropicana.  I watched the cars zoom by barely missing my light.  Just as the light turned red...I watched a van roll over my bike light...SMASH!  I fell to the ground yelling, "NOOO!!!!!" While my companion just laughed himself to tears.  Glory.

Spiritual Thought:
We tracted into a lady from Japan this last week.  She was so kind and friendly.  We spoke with her for quite a while and she had really great questions.  She grew up in the Buddist faith and still practices.  We had the opportunity to testify to her of the Restoration, Joseph Smith, The Book of Mormon, Prophets, etc.  She was so receptive.  While we were talking she asked, "Why did no one tell me about Jesus Christ growing up?"  This made me so sad.  I could see that her soul yearned to learn more about her Savior, but did not know how to follow through with her feelings.  We invited her to learn more and hopefully we will be able to start teaching her.  This reminds me of D&C 123:12 where it talks about how people "are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it."  It is my prayer and hope that I can continue in this great work and that the Lord will use me as an instrument in his hands to help bring people to a knowledge of His eternal gospel of happiness even unto salvation.  Every member a missionary!

Love,
Elder Sean Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment