Wednesday, March 28, 2012

10 Set


FAMILY!!!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!  I am so excited!  Okay, this is what I am starting with today:

Investigator Report: (5 new investigators this week)
S: We didn't get to see him this week because he was out of town.  He came to church yesterday.  Hopefully he has been reading the Book of Mormon.  We hope to see him and have a disucssion this week.
E: Taught Lesson 3.  Set to be baptized on April 14.
C, C, C: Taught Lesson 3.  Mom and Dad have been experiencing some marital problems lately and Mom has temporarily separated from Dad.  It has been very sad.  They said they don't want the kids and their baptism to be affected by their marital struggles and so the kids are still set to be baptized on April 7.
A: Taught Lesson 2.  He really enjoyed it.  He is awesome.
J: Didn't get to see him this week because he had work.  He says he has been reading the Book of Mormon EVERY day and loves it.
J, A, N: They all went to church this week!  (N went to a different ward with one of his friends though).  We taught Lesson 3.  Their fellowshipper friend, T R, is awesome.  I asked her to bear her testimony at the end.  The Spirit was so strong and she starting crying because she was so happy this family is investigating.  I invited them to baptism at the end and they are working towards being baptized on April 21.
Now for our new investigators:
We had to split up last night and each teach our new investigators without one another.  They had both been set up for the same time, so we had to split up.
J and A: They are relatives of a family in our ward, the Es.  Brother E requested that I be the one to teach them.  We helped them with a move weeks ago.  Taught Lesson 1.  A was very receptive and J was listening.  I think they will take a little bit of time, but they will definitely come into the Church eventually.
K, A, and RJ: Elder C taught this lesson.  I heard it went great.  All three of them are set for baptism on April 28.
...So...With that being said: We have 10 investigators set with a baptism date.  And, a baptism service planned for every weekend in April.  I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :) :) :)

Small World Stories:
1) Brother M went to school with Quincey and was in his grade.  He said, "Quincey is the man!"
2) While at the E's last night to teach dinner, Brother E's Mom came.  We got to talking and she said to me, "Do you know Mahlon?"  I was like, "OF COURSE I DO!  THAT'S MY GRANDPA!"  She says that they are good friends and she was just up in Logandale speaking at the Women's Conference, and Grandma went up to her and took her back to their home so they could all visit for a little while.  So awesome!
3) We went to the Alta Vista Ward Primary Talent Show this last Friday.  This 10 year old kid got on stage and started dancing to some Pop song.  I started thinking, "This song sounds really familiar."  He was dancing to one of D's songs.  I've been listening to the song for years but I guess somewhere it's been released.

Food Report:
Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
Tuesday: Chimichangas
Wednesday: Korean BBQ (Bolgogi and Kimchi and all that good stuff!)
Thursday: Cheeseburgers
Friday: Hot Dogs (Ward Talent Show)
Saturday: Raviolli
Sunday: BBQ Pork and Chicken

Oh, I went on Splits Friday with Elder P.  We stayed in my area.  It was a good day.

Spiritual Thought:
In Preach My Gospel it says that the Book of Mormon, combined with the Spirit, is the most powerful resource in conversion.  2 Nephi 32:3 says, "...feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do."  Then, right after that, Nephi tells us, "...if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do," (2 Nephi 32:5).  I love when I can find Preach My Gospel quotes reinforced through the scriptures.  When we read the Book of Mormon, and with the Spirit, we will be shown and taught all things that we should do.  With that new knowledge, we can facilitate and further press on in our own personal conversion.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Love,
Elder Sean Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment